Every day of melting operations, burns a lot of money in the oven. Literally. An optimal melting process combined with the most cost-effective use of materials, the reduction of re-alloying quantities as well as a short melting time decide on the efficiency of the melting operation. An efficient support of the melting process combined with a functional materials management system and a successful energy management system is increasingly becoming a success factor.
FRP.melt is a further development of the renowned software for charge optimization: ks schmelze of ADV Schulte GmbH. It was adopted by the RGU in 2010. Since then the scope of functions has been expanded enormously. In contrast to other solutions on the market, FRP.melt goes far beyond the usual scope of the functions of the charge calculation and, as a detail planning tool, focuses on the smelting plant and the furnace operator.
Product highlights at a glance
- Comprehensive planning of the melting process across all stages of melting and treatment - up to the ready-to-pour batch or pan
- Precise cost estimates with material requirement calculation taking into account scrap, alloy constituents and metals
- Applied optimization of the use of materials through accurate charge make-up and re-charging.
- Shortening of the melting time and increasing of the melting capacity through the integrated foundry information system: Representation of process instructions, furnace parameters, energy requirements, analyzations etc. directly at the furnace
- Reduction of energy consumption per tonne of material and thus of total costs by supporting the energy management at the point of highest consumption
- Traceability and process reliability by recording and archiving all process steps, analyzes and consumption within the melting report (audit trail)
- Extensive evaluation choices in the form of web-based forms and reports
- Connection of analyzers and furnace control systems for better process integration
- Possible integration of third-party systems via standardized interfaces to keep quantities and values consistent
Master Data & Basic Function
- All relevant master data for every material no. is stored in FRP.melt
- Material group and material parameters with automatic determination of the specific weight
- Assignment of an identification no. for melt and parameters per type of melt, in particular 5 sum restrictions for circulation and use groups
- Specifications for chemical analysis with internal and external limits as well as 2 setpoints for pre- and post-calculation
- Control parameters for the charging and post charging calculation invoice per element
- A maximum of 4 identification No. for circulatory varieties, chips or rejects. The article masters are created by the material file.
- Calculation of the specific weight considering the basic element
Test group chemical analysis
- Element composition of a basic element with preconfigured control parameters
- Configurations for steel / iron and aluminum
Item master for article master data
- For each input material, all parameters relating to usability, storage management and assignment of the valid analysis are entered separately for the parts groups.
- Determining piece sizes per material or warehouse access (for example, quantities of head / foot or scrap parts)
Inventory, warehouse access
- The analysis of the material can be made in the article master, directly at warehouse access or via an receiving inspection (taken from spectrometer).
- For warehouse access, standard price rules apply to metals and ferroalloys
- Calculation of the most favorable charge, whereby the setpoints, material specifications and parameters can be influenced manually by extensive options for interaction with the dialogue
- Selection functions related to material, batch plan, melt orders and form provision
- Selection of suitable input materials by type of inventory management (total or per warehouse access)
- Consideration of available or unlimited stock
- Test for trace elements, invoice only with appropriate material or allowance of unsuitable material
- Calculation as standard, pre-cost or with reference to a batch
- Material reservation with batch-related classification
- Extensive tests and online information display on the mask
- Checking available stock before saving (parallel work)
Post-calculation / re-alloying
- Taking into account the furnace quantity and the current actual analysis, the required quantities of the selected materials are determined to achieve the target analysis (Min - Max / Target NR)
- Control whether all or only suitable and intended only for the post charging calculation materials should be considered
- Parameter control of the applicable limits
- Consideration of aggregate material (lime, salt or slag binder) in the material balance
- Print a charge list as a default for the quantities used and post-production quantities
- Consideration of burn-up factors per material (gross- or net quantities), per element of the material (extended calculation model)
Melting orders per batch
- Compilation of melt orders to the batch with calculation of the required target quantity liquid, check compatibility of the target analyzes, derivation of the target analysis on the target analyzes of the orders
Material, melt calculation
- Print output for the generic calculation including melting and energy costs (cost center dependent)
- Consideration of the application per batch and conversion of the costs per net quantity
- Operational support of the smelter in the smelting process
- Reference of the type of melt to material, totaling calculation (general or per order), forming / pouring plan
- Advanced search functions for the materials to be used
- Detailed logging of the melting process
- Calculation and display of presets during the melting process (e.g., amount of energy, frequency, Al / O2 / Ar amounts)
- Printing of container labels at the warehouse entrance (without / with barcode) for identification
- In the post charge calculation, the material input can be calculated to a minimum quantity, a (higher) target value or a maximum quantity.
Integrative & innovative
Particularly, in terms of material and energy costs, smelting is the area with the largest share of the costs of the finished casting. Different requirements for the melt, the interaction of the molding shop and the melting shop, material management and planning as well as the energy management place high demands on the optimization of the melting shop.
With FRP.melt as an integrable component in an existing ERP / PPS system, all requirements of the planning and billing of the melting shop are supported. As a result, you have a comprehensive MES solution (Manufacturing Execution System). Moreover, users of the RGU FRP system can take full advantage of the universal access to all data, processes and plans of the molding, melting and casting process.
In your oven is not only melt, but also a lot of money. Convince yourself of the optimization possibilities of our charge software and MES solution FRP.melt and make your melting shop efficient, effective and profitable!
We are pleased to further present you our products in a personal conversation and without obligation, so that you can get a better understanding of the performance of our solutions.